Christmas Show is Right Around the Corner!
We are less than 3 weeks away from the 41st Annual ACF Christmas Show! - who's excited?!? For those of you participating in the Christmas Show, please don't forget to contact Show Committee with any questions, concerns or requests regarding set up times. We are always happy to work with you, but advance notice is very appreciated.
Like / Follow / Share and Post in the Facebook Event HERE.
RSVP if you'd like to come in for Thursday Set-Up
A few of our Board members have volunteered to be at the Fairgrounds on Thursday morning from 8am to 12pm to allow for any vendor who wants to come in and continue setting up their booths. However, we are asking that you sign up in advance for this so we know how many to expect. If you're interested in additional set up time for Thursday morning, please send an email to email@example.com or call Pam at 760-217-0474
Win Prizes at Christmas Show
Once again, at this year’s Christmas Show, we are challenging you all to a little friendly competition. We will ask the shoppers to vote on their favorite vendors in the following categories:
- Best Winter Wonderland / Christmas decorations in booth
- Best Overall Both Layout and Design
- Friendliest Vendor
- Best Christmas / Winter / Holiday costume or outfit
Prizes will be announced later as we get closer to the event, but we plan to award prizes to 1st and 2nd place in each category, overall and, possibly, per day.
This competition is intended to encourage you all to step up your displays and booth designs. Get off your butts and talk to the customers. The best way to draw people into your booths is to interact with them.
So, gather your decorations and make those booths look professional and amazing!
Seeking Donations for Fundraisers
As always, we continue to seek donations of your handmade items to use for our fundraising activities. Donated items can be some of your handmade creations, gift cards or even other donated items and gift certificates from various local businesses, if you’re able to sweet-talk anyone into donating. The more donations we get, the more fundraising we can do! So, please consider bringing some donations to the next General Meeting – November 16, 2022, or to any set-up or event day of the Christmas Show.
Here are the upcoming prizes we’re seeking donations for:
- Raffle baskets
- Christmas Show booth decoration contest prizes
- Advent Calendar raffle basket – will need 25 items total
- Post-Christmas fundraising efforts
- Other future ideas!
You may also notice within the depths of our proposed motions, we are planning to keep track of items you donate and count them toward your earned "credits" for the various membership tiers. Any/all donations you give this month (and in the future), will be tracked and counted. (If our motions pass, of course)
Vote on Motions
November is our annual election month. Therefore the Board has put together several motions for you all to review and vote on. These motions cover topics that were discussed at the October 12, 2022, Special Meeting.
We won't go into detail on the content of the motions in this newsletter since Lindsay Mena has provided a lengthy and thorough letter for you all to review. But, we encourage you all to take the time to review the letter and proposed motions thoroughly.
If you have questions on any of the content in the motions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also make sure to return your ballots by December 16, 2022.
Ballots can be returned any of the following ways:
- by mail to PO Box 1684, Kalispell, MT 59903
- by email to email@example.com
- by hand delivery at the November General Meeting or at any of the set up or event days of the Christmas Show
- submit online at https://artistsandcraftsmen.org/pages/vote
Here are some upcoming events around Flathead Valley:
- Nov. 11 & 12 - The Market Beautiful @ Flathead County Fairgrounds
- Nov. 11 - 13 - Holiday Extravaganza @ Majestic Valley Arena
- Nov. 19 & 20 - Kalispell Weekend Market Holiday Pop-Up @ Kalispell Center Mall
- Nov.26 & 27 - Christmas with the Clydesdales @ Clydesdale Outpost in Whitefish
- Dec 3 - The Christmas Shoppe @ Flathead County Fairgrounds
- Dec 3 - Kila School Holiday Bazaar @ Kila MT
- Dec. 3 - Christmas Village Market @ 115 Swan River Rd. in Bigfork
- Dec. 3 - Christmas & Coffee Craft Show @ The River Coffee Company in Kalispell
- Dec. 3 & 4 - Up in Arms Gun Show & Flea Market @ Flathead County Fairgrounds
- Dec. 10 - West Shore Holidayfest @ Somers Middle School
- Dec. 10 - Craft & Vendor Show @ Family Life Christian Church
- Dec. 10 - European Christmas Market @ MontaVino Winery
- Dec. 17 & 18 - Kalispell WEekend Market Holiday Pop-Up @ Kalispell Center Mall
Stacia's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt - mix well
In a separate large bowl, mix/beat butter and sugar until blended well. Next, add pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Mix until batter is smooth.
Slowly add flour mixture to the pumpkin batter, blending until just blended - do not over mix.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop rounded tablespoon-size dough balls onto baking sheet.
Bake 15-18 minutes, until edges of cookies turn slight golden brown and are firm. Enjoy!
Next General Meeting
November 16, 2022 - 7:00 pmCountry Kitchen Builiding at Flathead County Fairgrounds.