The last day to join as a member for 2023 (to be counted as a member for Christmas Show) is July 1st.
Want to earn ACF Membership Credits? Bring a donation to the Summer Show or General Meeting.We use your donations for raffle prizes!
You can also write a blog for our website, join a committee, or help out with different tasks at Summer Show.Your help makes ACF amazing!
Save the Date!
ACF's Annual Picnic formembers & your families is set for August 27th at Lawrence Park from 1-4PM.
Members are asked to either bring a dessert or side dish -stay tuned for more information!
SUMMER SHOW UPDATES
Do you have new items to jury before summer show? Contact the Show Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
ACF Summer Show & Food Truck Stats:
- 131 Vendors
- 41 Total Food Trucks
- 2 Vendors on Waitlist
Attend the General Meeting on June 14th @ 7pm for more Summer Show info & to ask questions.
ACF STICKERS & T-SHIRTS
ACF Stickers have been ordered! Congratulations to the creators of the stickers designs that were voted on:
- Tiffany Krushensky
- Sabrina Orr Butts
- Lindsay Mena
ACF will hand out stickers to all vendors at the Summer Show, so find something fun to stick them on!
Congratulations to two of our members who tied for1st Place for the T-Shirt Design Contest:
- Christina Smith
- Sabrina Orr Butts
Although we have run out of time to produce t-shirts for Summer Show, we will re-visit this
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO THE DAD'S OF ACF
FUN THINGS FOR THE DADS
By Amy Doyle, Show Committee
FATHER'S DAY IS JUNE 18, 2023
Send Dad a card for Father's Day! Grab a beautiful handcrafted card
and a unique gift for Dad from one of your fellow ACF members.
Things to do with Dad around the Flathead in June:
- Foy's to Blacktail Trails Races - June 11th -Herron Half Marathon
- The BIG Shindig - Epic car show, bands, beer & BBQ - June 17th
- Glacier Range Riders vs Missoula PaddleHeads - June 18th 1:05PM
DID YOU KNOW?
- There are 1.5 billion fathers worldwide - 66.3 million fathers are in the United States
- Father's Day is the 5th largest card-sending occasion in Americawith almost 100 million Father's Day cards sent each year
- Father's Day originated in America. The first unofficial Father's Day celebration was held in Spokane, Washington on June 19th, 1910.
- The Father's Day concept was invented by Sonora Smart Dodd from Washington. Sonora's father, a Civil War veteran, raised her and herfive siblings after their mother died in childbirth. Sonora had the ideato honor hard-working fathers of the community. She contacted local church groups, government officials, YMCAs, businesses andmore hoping to gather the community to recognize the fathers of Washington State. Daughters handed red roses to their fathers during mass. Roses were pinned to the children's clothing - RED tohonor still-living fathers and WHITE to honor a deceased father.
- Father's Day was made official in 1972 honoring fathers nationwide in a holiday.
- This was 58 years after President Woodrow Wilson made Mother's Day official.
- Most countries around the world celebrate Father's Day on the 3rd Sunday of June