Find PDF version of this Newsletter HERE.
Have you ever thought about serving on the ACF Board? Have some ideas on ways we can improve ACF? Or perhaps you just want to learn what goes into running this organization? Consider signing up for a Board Position for 2024!
Elections take place at our November General Meeting. Email Ashley Bishop if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find all board position descriptions in the ACF Handbook HERE. More specifically, see pages 18-21.
Wine Wednesday WINGO
at MontaVino Winery - October 25th - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Follow the Facebook Event HERE - https://fb.me/e/6o06SBONE
We have a long list of fun fundraising activities coming up this fall and we could use some more prize donations. Donated items can be some of your handmade creations, gift cards or even other donated items and gift certificates from various local businesses, if you’re able to sweet-talk anyone into donating. The more donates we get, the more fundraising we can do! So, please consider bringing some donations to the next General Meeting – November 15, 2023.
Here are the upcoming prizes we’re seeking donations for:
- WINGO prizes
- Raffle baskets
- Christmas Show booth decoration contest prizes
- Post-Christmas fundraising efforts
- Other future ideas!
Summer Show 2024 Poster Contest
Summer Show 2024 poster designs submissions are being accepted now through November 1st. You can send designs via email to WebAdmin@artistsandcraftsmen.org or you can upload them HERE.
October Zoom Meeting
- Open Board Positions, Duties & Responsibilities
As we near the 2023 Christmas Show...
Featured Article by Ashley Bishop
It maybe October, but before we know it the ACF Christmas Show will be here! Below is some bullet points to think about when it comes to preparing for any vendor event, not just ours.
- Use a sheet, it’s bigger than a tablecloth. Keep it black, white or linen. (ACF Show Committee regulations state it has to go down to the floor)
- Apply color wisely. Whats your style?
- Have a sign and consistent branding.
- Don’t overcrowd; you don’t have to put out everything!
- Always have a door prize drawing and free samples. Lure them with candies.
- Invest in a catalog/info display piece.
- Have business cards available for the taking.
- Make a custom order portfolio and forms.
- Have a well stocked checkout station.
- Stand up! Nothing looks worse than an uninterested seller.
- Interact. Talk to patrons, smile often, and offer to help.
- HAVE FUN!
If you have made it this far into the newsletter, what other helpful advice would you give to a fellow member? Email your response to email@example.com
Need to Cancel?
Need to Cancel your booth for 2023 Christmas Show?
While we absolutely don’t want to see any of you need to cancel, we do understand that sometime stuff just comes up and schedules need to change. So, as a friendly reminder, you can cancel your booth anytime before November 1, 2023 and still get a FULL REFUND.
Cancellation notices and refund requests must be in writing using the ACF form.
Have questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us:
Christmas Show flyers, posters and save the date cards will be available for pickup at the Nov. General Meeting
Next General Meeting:
November 15, 2023 at 7:00pm in the Country Kitchen Building at the Fair Grounds